Thursday, May 9, 2013

HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY JUDE

Jude Lawrence. You are 6 months old today! How is it that you are growing so fast?! For half of a year we've been blessed with you and for half of a year our lives have been brighter and more joyful. You are such a special little boy to us and I thank God for you every day.


You are such a happy baby, Jude! I mean, I may be a little biased about how awesome you are, but I am not the only one who has noticed! You just seem unfazed by bumps and falls, by a brother who is incessantly bothering you or wanting to be all over you, by loud noises or discomfort... you smile through it all (I guess I should qualify that with: as long as you're not hungry or sleepy). Not only are you a happy baby, you are so easy-going. Sometimes I forget that you are on the floor happily playing and observing because you are so content and quiet. I love this about you, you quietly and contentedly take in the world around you. My strong, but silent baby boy.


You've grown quite a bit from your 7.7oz start to life. At your 6 month check up you more than doubled your birthweight, weighing in at 16lb 4oz. You also grew 5 inches and are now 26 inches long. Like your brother, I think most of your weight has gone to your thighs! 


At this point we have tried several different foods, but baby boy, you just don't like to eat! At this age Eli was devouring everything in sight... but you are just content with a bottle. Sometimes after we try a new fruit or vegetable you look at me like I am a crazy person with a spoon! Most of the time you just blow raspberries and let the food spray out of your mouth! We've tried sweet peas, sweet potatoes, apples, bananas, and prunes... but I think for now we will hold off a little longer until you are ready.


Eli loves that you are becoming more interactive. He loves having a little buddy. He is constantly calling you "baby Judey" (sorry about that), but he also refers to you as "little guy" which is so sweet. He loves bringing you toys and pushing you in the swing at the park, but mostly he just loves climbing all over you and picking you up. He loves being your big brother, there is no doubt about that! When I told him that today was your half birthday he said, "He just can't have cake! He's too little and got no teeth.... I'll have his cake." He's always got your back! Ha!


We love you so much, Jude! I pray that you keep growing and thriving, that we can foster your personality and help you develop into the beautiful person that God made you to be. Happy Half Birthday my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment