Monday, April 15, 2013

Stay at Home Mom

I am so blessed and so thankful to be a stay at home mom to my two little loves. By sweet, sweet consequence I get to see my children learn, explore, create, grow, and change before my eyes. It really is a miraculous thing. To see them grow and develop into this person whom I already knew they would be... I wouldn't change it for a thing.

I wouldn't change it for practicalities; not for financial relief or the ability to utilize my BSN degree and nursing license that I worked so hard (and paid so much) to obtain. I wouldn't change it for whimsy; not for the ability to travel to all of the places I dream of or to maintain the closet (and body) I could only wish for.

I wouldn't change it at all, period. And that in of itself seems to be such a curious thing for many people to grasp, which unfortunately leads to an abundance of harsh judgement. Often times I am reminded of the "sacrifices" I make to be, simply put, a mom... but I am okay with those things. This is such a short and precious season of my life. Despite the frustrations and hair-pulling moments that are peppered throughout my day to day, I know that I wouldn't have it any other way.

Stay at home mom it is, by choice, and with quite a content heart concerning the matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment