Monday, September 19, 2011

Eli's Fall

This weekend we were in Tupelo, Mississippi for Daniel's Ultimate tourney (sectionals). We stayed at a church in the area and all of the married couples stayed in a carpeted area upstairs. On Saturday night we went out to eat and then rented a movie. When we got back to the church building we were all getting ready to watch the movie and Daniel didn't realize that I left the room to put on my sweat pants. I didn't realize he didn't know I had left and somehow the door to the staircase was left ajar. Daniel turned his back on Eli for mere seconds to shut the sliding door to the roof when it happened.

I was in the other room changing and I heard a sound as if someone was running down the stairs. I was thinking to myself, "Who is that???" when the screaming started. I will never forget that moment when I realized it was Eli.

Daniel and I both ran to the stairs after him. The first thing I saw was Eli laying at the bottom of the stairs on the tile. He was propped up on his arms, looking around, and screaming. That was a GOOD sign! I held him in my arms to try to calm him and had Daniel look at him while I held him. Daniel told me he was bleeding from his mouth and my heart stopped for a second. I immediately thought the worse, but it turned out to be a cut on his tongue! Man, do tongues bleed!!!

We took him upstairs and continued to sooth him. I checked his pupils, all of his limbs, his neck, his head. We kind of forced him to walk, and talk, and play with us. We made him laugh and asked him to wave. All of this just to see if there was anything physically wrong with him. He seemed fine after about an hour of keeping him awake save for a big bruise on his forehead.

Leave it to my little stinker to fall down a flight of 22 old, wooden stairs and be perfectly fine!!

This was Eli's FIRST big accident!!

(so THIS is why in all of his birthday pictures he has a huge purple/yellow bruise on his head!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment