Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Growing Boy

Wow, I haven't updated in a while! Partly due to the fact that our computer died and I am waiting on my new Mac to come in! I am so excited!! So here is what has been going on in the White house:

Eli is getting so big! Each day he seems more like a little boy and less like a newborn!


Over the past few weeks we have received several clothing items and shoes from friends. We are so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives! We were afraid we would have to buy Eli a whole summer wardrobe, but now he is stocked up on clothes that will last through the summer and fall, including a few cute swim suits and shoes!


Valentine's Day came and went, so we took the opportunity for a photo shoot! Isn't he a sweet little Valentine?? This outfit was the FIRST outfit bought for him before he was even born (since we found out about him in late January!)!



Eli also got sick this month. His first sickness EVER! So I guess that needs to be documented! He was sleeping horribly for two nights in a row and I was getting so frustrated with his constant crankiness and clingyness. Poor baby. I took his temperature and it was 102! I panicked (remember, first time mom here). I snuggled him so much over the next few days and gave him Tylenol to bring his fever down. He also had a stuffy nose and a cough. I felt so bad for him, but I was sick too. We tried our best to keep him comfortable. Here is a cute picture of him soothing himself; He fell asleep with his hand in his mouth!


We also visited Daniel's family this month. We took a weekend trip up there and Eli had fun with his cousins! He also got to swing for the first time and had so much fun!


We visited Nana and Pops in Georgia too. While we were there we met up with some friends and Eli got to have a play date with Brennen, Isabelle, Cohen, and Reece! It was so cute to see him with other babies!




Eli has grown and changed so much in this past month. He has started drinking from a sippy cup, but mostly he just chews on the rubber "straw". He has also started to sit on his own. He is still a little wobbly, but he now reaches out to catch himself when he starts to tip over. His legs and arms are getting so strong. He loves to practice standing and he is scooting around (mostly to get his toys). We "practice" crawling by helping him to balance on his knees and hands at the same time, but he has no idea how to move forward... he just laughs! I know people think I am crazy, but I can't wait for him to be mobile!






Eli is such a joy and a blessing in our life! We love watching him grow and change every day! Now if I could just keep up with this blog I wouldn't have to write mega posts to update about what Eli is up to! My Mac should be here tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment