Thursday, March 10, 2011

He's Growing!

Well, the days of holding my little peaceful baby on my chest and cuddling are over. Or at least it feels like it. Eli is just a week shy of 6 months and he is growing way too fast.

I know I've said it before, but motherhood has taught me to live in the moment... not the past and not the future. Too often I find myself thinking of Eli walking and talking, then when he reaches a new milestone I find myself nostalgic and thinking of when he was so teeny tiny that he could fit perfectly on my chest and nap for hours. I need to be better about being in the present and soaking in each moment of each day with my sweet miracle.

This week Eli has hit two HUGE milestones.
He has started to practice crawling and he has started to sign!

Last week Eli was just scooting, this week he has started to get on all fours and make serious progress on moving forward towards something he wants.


Also, last night Eli signed his first sign to me! "Eat"... very appropriate for my little piggy! I have been signing to him for 3 months (most of the time feeling really silly!) and it feels so good to see results! I have such a smart boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment