Friday, February 15, 2013

The 14 Days of Valentine's

Sorry ladies, but I do believe I married the best guy out there! He's taken! He's all mine! And I hardly deserve him...

Daniel really went above and beyond for Valentine's Day this year and I still don't really know what I did to deserve being treated like a Queen! For the sake of not forgetting such a special couple of weeks, I just have to document it.


This year Daniel did a "countdown" to Valentine's Day, much like the 12 Days of Christmas.
He came to me after work on February 1st and began nervously singing off key, "On the 14th Day before Valentine's Day my true love gave to meeee....." before presenting me with a gift for the day. Every day that followed I was serenaded with the same tune and given a gift! Here are all of my days:

14th Day: 14 ounces of chocolate covered pretzels that he made himself

13th Day: 13 dunkin donuts chocolate glazed munchkins

12th Day: a dozen, beautiful roses

11th Day: 11 homemade Valentine's Day cookies that he made with Eli (complete with pics!)

10th Day: a $10 starbucks giftcard

9th day: woke up to 9 blown up balloons in the living room, each with a number on it of the hour in which I had to pop it... inside each one was a note about a reason he loves me

8th Day: 8 Ben and Jerry's mini-cups

7th Day: 7 new candles, all different scents

6th Day: 6 new (oldies) vinyl records

5th Day: 5 hours boys-free

4th Day: 4 "appendages pampered" (a prepaid and scheduled pedicure and manicure)

3rd Day: 3 hours at the spa with 3 different spa treatments

2nd Day: 2 songs that he wrote himself (one performed and one recorded!)

V-Day: 1 handsome man in a suit (he took me out to dinner and a movie - surprising me with asking his parents to come in and babysit! Thanks Michael and Cynthia! A much needed date-night!)

Two full weeks of gifts and love! I am still blown away by his creativity and romance!

If you know me well, you know I'm not much of a gift lover and gifts don't necessarily fill my "love tank". In fact, all I need to feel loved is a bit of quality time... but I have to say, this was such a treat! I woke up each morning wondering what I would receive later that day and had fun trying to guess!

On Valentine's Day I kept seeing people voice their "concern" that we shouldn't specify ONE day of the year to show our love... and it's true, which is why I'm thankful that Daniel's expressions of love extend far beyond one day or even two full weeks in February. I get to see his love exemplified in small moments throughout the everyday doldrums:
The way he tucks in Eli every night after reading books, singing songs, and brushing his teeth; the way he closes the bathroom door and gets ready for work in the closet so I can sleep in; the way he makes a move to hold my hand whenever and where ever we are even if it means holding my purse so my hands are freed up; the way he always takes off his shoes before walking into the house because he knows I like my carpets clean; the way he looks at me and tells me I'm beautiful when my hair is up in a pony tail and I have spit up on my shoulder and feel far from it... the list goes on.

I'm so thankful to be married to this man and to have his love.

I love you Daniel Grey.

WE love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment