Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bringing Brother Home

Jude is six days old today! Six days! Six days of newborn snuggles, hiccups, milk comas, and sleep deprivation. Let me tell you, I am one happy mama! Tired, but oh so happy!


Jude has a very sweet and easy-going temperament. He is peaceful and patient. Especially when big brother wants to "play". I can not tell you how many people told me to prepare for a screamer; that there was no way possible to have another "easy" baby. The warnings, highly unsolicited warnings, came from left and right. From strangers and from family. It was bizarre to me, but I guess all with good intent. As a result, I was definitely not prepared this quiet and inquisitive little guy! I am counting my blessings, daily!


Over the past few days several people have told me now that Jude seems like an "old soul" and I would have to agree. It's like he knows something that none of us do... maybe his sister is filling him in, talking in his ear, hanging out above his bassinet. He is the most alert little newborn that I have ever seen and when he looks at you his eyes are piercing. If I could, I'd hold him and stare at him all day long.


Big brother Eli is taking everything in stride. He was elated to find out that Jude was coming home with us. It's almost as if Jude was never NOT a part of our little family.


Eli takes his role as big brother very seriously. He checks on Jude whenever he makes a peep. He gives him a pacifier when he starts to cry. He shares his animals and his dinosaurs without being asked. He says, "It's okay Jude!" at the smallest whimper (although it sounds more like "Dude"). He affectionately began to refer to him as "Judey" without prompting. When we took Jude to the pediatrician and he started to cry, Eli was adamant about telling the doctor to "STOP!! Stop it now!!" Kisses are never ending, "huggys" are often requested, and "I'll hold it" comes almost daily!

 
It's amazing how our BABY has become this big boy almost over night. His world has been turned around, but through Eli's eyes in the best way possible. I think giving him a brother was the best gift he could ever ask for. I hope and pray that they always remain close; best friends.


I can't believe that I can now say I am a mom to TWO boys! Two beautiful, smart, lovely little boys!
What did I do to deserve this?!


______________________________________________


Now for some stats, so I have a record of them:


Weight-
Birth: 7 lbs 7 oz
2 days: 6 lbs 15 oz
4 days: 6 lbs 8 oz
5 days: 6 lbs 14 oz

Length-
21 inches

We had the same issues of Jaundice that we had with Eli. His bilirubin levels (or as daddy called them: "billy ribbon levels") got up to 16, but we got the call today that they are on the downward trend!

Overall, a perfect baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment