Thursday, May 19, 2011

A much needed UPDATE!

Well Eli has certainly been keeping me busy, busy, busy! That along with the fatigue associated with early pregnancy (we found out in mid-April that we are expecting our second blessing!!!!!) have prevented me from updating here more frequently!

Here is the much needed update that I have been putting off!

Eli is now 8 MONTHS old!


He is like a mini-tornado! He is all over the place! He crawls like a pro and has been gaining speed ever since he learned how to move! He also LOVES to stand! He will use anything and everything to pull up. He even lets go now for a few seconds at a time to stand unassisted. Keep in mind this only lasts for about 5 seconds before he falls down on his bottom with a shocked look on his face as if he is thinking "How did that happen?!" If he can't find anything to pull up on he just stands on his knees! It is the funniest thing!


He also loves to CLIMB! He has attempted climbing out of his crib using his bumpers, climbing over the back of the couch, and he has climbed on to the couch from the floor (it was funny to watch his little wheels turn to figure out HOW to do this!)!


He is also eating table food now. He LOVES pancakes. If he could eat them every day, he would! He also loves pizza crust, bananas, apples, macaroni, ice cream, grilled cheese and eggs. He can eat pretty much what we eat, within reason. This little boy still eats a TON, but I have no idea where he puts it all! He is still very lean. He must have a fast metabolism like Dad and Sean! Maybe he'll be a runner!


He hasn't popped any more teeth, but he has been very fussy lately and drooly. Plus, his sleeping habits have gone a bit downhill from where he was last month. He has been waking up about 2x per night to nurse back to sleep. He has also been having a hard time falling asleep! Poor guy! I'm hoping that this phase passes quickly!

Eli's personality is really shining through! He is SUCH a boy! Anything dangerous or messy or that he is NOT supposed to get into... he DOES! Then when he gets caught he starts giggling at me! I can't help but laugh (this is going to be BAD when I am trying to discipline him!).


He is also constantly smiling and laughing! The cutest thing is that if I am smiling at something or if I laugh, he starts smiling/laughing with me!


Eli has also learned how to utilize his whining skills! If he is hungry and I take a snack away from him, he breaks out this high pitched scream!! It is so loud! I have started to say "NO!" to him and "We do not whine about snack time!". I know it doesn't do much good, but I figure that we might as well get in the habit now.


He is also very independent at times. He does so well playing by himself on the floor with his toys! He could go 30 minutes to an hour without even looking to see where I am/what I am doing!


Eli's quirk is that he twirls his wrists while wiggling/opening and closing his fingers! I need to get a video of this! He does it when he is eating sometimes or when he gets excited! We are hoping he outgrows it before he goes off to college!

Eli is also a mama's boy for sure! He goes through periods where he JUST wants me. For example, Daniel may be holding him and if I leave the room he starts to fuss! Or he may lean towards me to take him from Daniel! I think it is very sweet, but it can be hard sometimes too! Especially when I am trying to be productive. Don't get me wrong though, he LOVES his daddy! When Daniel gets home he gets this HUGE smile on his face!

His other favorite person is Boo! He LOVES dogs! When he sees Boo he starts smiling and squealing. It is so funny! Boo has gotten to the point where she runs away when she sees him coming for her!




I can't believe that in 4 MONTHS we will be throwing Eli a first birthday party! It seems like yesterday when we were in the hospital with our tiny little newborn! Watching him grow and change is so amazing! I feel so blessed to be a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment